In July 2019, Bernardo Rezende presented at a Brazilian coaching conference. I hope to be able to post some of the details of that presentation at a later date. In the meantime, some highlights. Dare I say meme worthy, you are so inclined.
– What is the mission of a coach? Our mission is to add value to the lives of our athletes, be it sports life or life as a whole.
– The mission is to leave the shirt higher than I received.
– Obsession for growth, learning, improvement is critical.
– If people do not have this mindset of wanting to improve day by day, they are doomed to decline.
– What characteristics does a person need to have to be a leader? The foundation is the trust, and it comes from the credibility.
– Leadership begins with character. If the group didn’t trust me, they wouldn’t fight for me. And I need to have confidence in the leader. Never want to fool your player. If you act well, he acts well with you.
– Taking responsibility is the only way we can grow.
– Life is not always fair. We need to embed this in our young people’s heads. They want everything right away.
More articles on Bernardinho can be found here.
A collection of Coaching Tips can be found here.
For more great coaching tips, check out the Vyacheslav Platonov coaching book here.